Behind every great college is an informed and well-trained workforce.
AoC Services can provide you with in-house training from the sector’s leading experts.
How does in-house training work?
The process begins and ends with you. The critical benefit of in-house training is the ability to design programmes that address your specific situation. We’ll work with you to create a bespoke training programme led by a team of experts selected from inside AoC and beyond.
All of our programmes can be delivered online using Zoom training.
We can create programmes for individuals, small teams or large groups. We’ll appoint a designated account manager to work with you. The key appeal of in-house training is the cost. As the training takes place at your premises or online, the cost per delegate is minimised to provide maximum return on investment.
Here is an overview of the areas and topics we can support you with.
Leadership and Management Training and Development Programmes
- Senior leadership development
- Management development
- Excelling as a college manager
- Entry to management
Further Education Coaching Programmes
- Developing coaching expertise
- ILM Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring Qualification
- Train the trainer
- Resilience for new managers
- Effective FE bid writing
- Finance for new managers
- HR for non-HR specialists
Teaching and Learning Workshops
- Maximising student outcomes on maths resits
- Outstanding teaching in GCSE and Functional Skills English
- Motivation and mindset for English and maths retakes
- Managing the classroom: engaging the disengaged
- How to successfully meet the needs of students with autism
- Exploring and embedding the Education Inspection Framework
- Improving the quality of education
- Teaching and learning in apprenticeships
College Personal Assistant Workshop
- Excelling as a College PA
- Governance conduct
Human Resources Workshops
- HR development
- Equality, diversity and inclusivity and British values
- Organisational culture change for equality and inclusion
- Mental health first aid
Finance, MIS and Data Workshops
- Developing effective college MIS processes
- Understanding FE funding
- Apprenticeship funding and rules
- GDPR in FE
- Making access arrangements accessible
What have our previous clients said?
‘We commissioned AoC Services to run and facilitate a leadership programme for middle managers. The sessions that Jon facilitated were a perfect blend of academic theory, storytelling and conceptual frameworks, combined with group work and exercises. These enabled delegates to put into practice, in a safe place, the concepts discussed and apply them to ‘live’ topics and areas of transformation that were required at the time.
The programme evaluations indicated such success that we invited Jon back to HSDC to run a second cohort and a version of the programme with more senior managers.’
Anna Rowen, Strategic Business Partner, HSDC
‘From the outset, the team at the end of the phone were friendly, positive and professional. They were effective in listening to our requirements, as well as quickly understanding our specific development needs. Working with the AoC’s Training & Development team proved to be simple and easy. The training was well prepared, engaging and challenging. All in all, the process was delivered on-time and was great value for money.’
City of Westminster College
‘The session helped to develop ideas I had been mulling over in recent months, the discussions with other professionals focused the ideas and led to a plan of action for implementation.’
‘Kevin made sure that he fully understood the expectations of the college in relation to the training, and he developed the materials accordingly. The day was interactive, fun and most of all informative and developmental. We finished the day with a clearer understanding of how to apply the new EIF, along with a set of priorities for future development.’
Kelvin Nash, Principal and CEO, Kendal College
Get in touch
If you’d like to learn more about the opportunities for in-house training, get in touch with our training team.